Thursday, July 20, 2023

 From Ghosts to Guardian Angels and Everything in Between.

 

It must be a little magic in how fast the 20th of the month comes around. I always wonder what I’m going to blog about. Then once I start typing, ta-da! Here’s my post.


I love a little magic in books, movies, and tv. Sometimes I wish I were like Samantha in Bewitched or Jeannie in I Dream of Jeannie. A twitch of the nose or a nod of the head and out the widow go troubles or not. Sometimes the use of magic can really upset the egg basket. Think of the mayhem that happened every time Aunt Clara tried to help. Or the time Jeannie made every day Sunday. Or like when Ron uses a broke wand, or Hermione gets cat hair in the potion.


A great ghost story makes me happy, and that’s why I enjoyed penning Sea Hunter. But what else? I write sweet contemporary stories based in the fictional town of Lake Unami in northern New Jersey, USA. Both Rainbow Sprinkles and Sophia’s Magic Beans bring otherworldly help to those struggling in this little lake community. Gloriana and Nathan find a second chance at love with the help of two special angels overlooking their lives. Then, in my next most recent story, Calliope and Luke get different aid. I’m playing around with a third Lake Unami book. It’s making me twitch a bit but not like Samantha’s nose. It’s a bit of A Christmas Carol retelling, and the guardian angels are hard at work.



I also write stories for mid-grade readers that combine folklore, shifters, and dragons in the Agent Sam Carter Mysteries.

(Huh, aside note. I just realized writing this that I’m having issues with my third in series. In all my series.)




Okay, back on track. Magic is part of our history, culture, and literature. From fairytales to Santa Clause, people love a bit of paranormal. It takes us to fantastical places and leaves us thinking of possibilities.  


So, from Ghosts to Guardian Angels and Everything in Between, I intend to keep paranormal and fantasy in my stories. And you can find all my books here⤵️

https://www.amazon.com/D.-V.-Stone/e/B01N154Y9U







2 comments:

Nancy Gideon said...

I grew up on Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie! AND Dark Shadows. Probably where I got my love of the paranormal. Non-threatening with a hint of woo-woo and darkness in the night - pure entertainment. And then Salvador brothers and True Blood came along and the genre got it's first dose of sexy. Those were stories I could - and DO - write!

D. V. Stone said...

Oh, I forgot about Dark Shadows!