Friday, July 7, 2023

Celebrating 12 Years of Aliens, Clones, Shifters, and more!


On July 1st, it had been 12 years since my first story was published. CELESTIAL SEDUCTION is an MF Alien Romance that I wrote thanks to the prodding from some authors I met through a weekly blog hop called Six Sentence Sunday. It was for a submission call for the 1Night Stand line at Decadent Publishing. I still remember the shock and subsequent emotions I felt when I received the offer of acceptance. My first round of edits made me want to cry. It was extremely colorful, but the colors did nothing to cheer me up. But, I plodded through them and was elated when my story released July 1, 2011. I've written, revised, edited, submitted, had published, and published on my own many stories since then. 


Though my first stories were about aliens, I've branched out a bit, writing about Clones, Far Away Worlds, a Post-Apocalyptic Earth, many Futuristic Militaries, Galactic Royalty, and Zombies! Branching into the Paranormal World, I've told stories of Shifters, Witches, Phoenix, and Gargoyles! My stories have included many pairings, including MF, MM, FF, MMF, MFM, and relationships involving non-binary characters with more to come. In some worlds, I've written about some males (omegas) who are able to get pregnant.

Most of the time, when I write a series, I stick with the same type of story throughout the series. If it's MF Aliens, that's all you'll get. If it's MM MPreg Shifters, you'll have plenty of them. But, with my new series (I've just completed the second draft of the first book), the only commonality is the area of space it takes place in, and the idea of space racers (a spinoff of my Kaddim Brothers series). The first book is a MMMF Polyamorous SciFi Romance. Another is an NB/F Online Dating SciFi Romance. There's an MF One Bed SciFi Romance. A M/DemiF Action/Suspense SciFi Romance. And the last I have planned is an FM MPreg SciFi Romance. Those are just the main characters. On our own planet, things aren't as binary as some would like to believe. And I want to show the diversity in my own universes. I hope you're excited to take the journey through the quadrants with me in Romance Tales from the Quadrants!

  

About CELESTIAL SEDUCTION:

At the end of his obligated commitment to the Space Service, Frey Berger decides to stay on Earth to further experience human emotions rather than return to Ginnun where his intended has already mated with another. Looking for real love and someone to accept him for what he is, Frey enlists in Madame Evangeline’s popular dating service. Although he does not understand the concept of a one-night stand, he hopes to find his perfect mate.

Carrie Cooper’s husband divorced her for someone who could provide him with children, leaving her with little self-confidence and no desire to let a man hurt her again. Her best friend convinces her to join a dating service, claiming Carrie needs to get laid, while not winding up with a broken heart since her date requires no commitment after the night is over.

Although several misunderstandings nearly derail them before the date has even begun, Carrie and Frey end up becoming closer than they ever believed possible. Still, Frey will need to convince Carrie that her perfect mate isn’t human at all, and that one night can lead to a forever love.

Available WIDE!





Enjoy an excerpt!

“I’m not exactly like you and most of the people on Earth. I’m….different.” 

“Like a demon or a guardian angel?” 

He laughed. It sounded forced, but he needed to stay focused on healing Carrie rather than mating with her. “No, you’re thinking paranormal. Try science fiction.” 

She began to squirm under him, but he didn’t need to restrain her. “A….clone? Artificial intelligence?” 

He finished healing her and lay down beside her. His thumb ran across her lips, wanting to taste them again, but knowing he probably wouldn’t. “Try alien.”













6 comments:

Maureen said...

I love reading an author's 'about' story. Thanks for sharing your journey!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading other authors at the publication. Thanks for sharing! Tena Stetler

Jessica E. Subject said...

Thank you, Maureen and Tena!

Nancy Gideon said...

Now THAT would be a shocker to hear from your date! Time to curl up with a good book . . .

Jessica E. Subject said...

Yes, it would! Thanks, Nancy!

Keri Kruspe said...

Woo-Hoo! This is great :)