Saturday, August 7, 2021

Returning to Space with the Kaddim Brothers and Space Racers by Jessica E. Subject

 


Guess what? I'm returning to space! Not in a literal way. I've never left planet Earth, but I'm returning to space with my stories. For the last couple years, I wrote my paranormal shifter series, Shifter Towers, which took place on an alternate Earth. My new series, Kaddim Brothers, takes place on multiple planets, and space travel is quite common. The beings travel from planet to planet the way we on Earth travel from one continent to another.

There are also the space racers. They are multiple teams of five from various planets, who race their jets (think racing fighter jets) in a circuit. They train hard, race hard, and party hard. No time for love or family. Or so they say...

With that, I'd like to introduce the first book in my Kaddim Brothers series, VAWN...


VAWN

Kaddim Brothers book one

by Jessica E. Subject

Release date: August 9, 2021

Genres: Romance, Sci-Fi, LGBTQ, MPreg

Vawn doesn’t need a mate. He’s already established himself universe-wide as a hot name in fashion, while raising his daughter. But he won’t say no to a fling with a hot space racer when he travels to Eurebly to visit his brothers. One night. That’s all he can give. Because his heart shattered when he lost his previous alpha, and he hasn’t been able to repair it completely. He refuses to love someone like that ever again.

Ojokun survived on Jenegath in order to leave the planet and become the best space racer in the universe. Though he flies with a team, he’s never depended on anyone outside of his jet. He keeps to himself. Has one-night stands, just like every other space racer. But, after a mind-blowing night with the brother of two of his teammates, he can’t stop thinking about the gorgeous omega, or the foreign longing that scares him more than his overly-protective teammates.

Can Ojokun convince Vawn that he wants more than one night? Or is that all they were ever meant to be?

AVAILABLE FROM:






Enjoy an excerpt:

“Daddy! Daddy!” Enif shook my shoulder, snapping me out of my thoughts. “Look! Dey’re gedding ready to stard!”

I glanced at the starting hangar, where all the jets had moved to the front. The race was definitely about to begin. I rubbed my hands together. “I wonder if they’ll win this one.”

Enif sighed then dramatically threw herself onto my lap. “Of course dey’ll win. Dey’re ORIXA.”

Utahn chuckled beside me. “She’s right, you know.”

My omega father gripped my chair and leaned forward. “I agree. I did give birth to two of them.”

I rolled my eyes at the sentiment. He said that every time he watched a race, one of the reasons I had stopped going over to their place to watch. “There are three other members of the team you didn’t give birth to, you know.”

“Yes, I do know.” He sat back with a huff. “And I’m sure their parents are proud of them, too.”

I disagreed since Qé and Xac didn’t have parents, and Ojokun had never mentioned his. Yet, I didn’t have a chance to argue as the green start light flashed to signify the beginning of the race.

Jets darted out of the hangar structure right away. One after the other. So fast. Too fast. I gripped the arms of my chair, suddenly worried for the safety of the entire team. I never realized how quickly those jets moved until I saw them fly in person.

I glanced at the large screen, divided into different images, to see the location of each team. Team Storm seemed to be in the lead, which I knew no one on ORIXA would stand for. Team Light took the lead shortly after, but there were jets from Storm and ORIXA among them. Everything went at breakneck speed; it was hard to keep track of everyone’s positions.



8 comments:

Nancy Gideon said...

Nice scene, Jessica! Good insight into character and great description that puts the reader into the midst of the action!

Maureen said...

Sounds great- it's always exciting to start a new series.

Mary Morgan said...

This story sounds intriguing, Jessica, and I love space stories! All the best! :)

Nightingale said...

Are you a fan of racing? Cars? Boats? Wondered what your inspiration for the new series was. Best of luck with it. Sounds good!

Diane Burton said...

That is so cool that you're returning to space. The first books of yours I read were sci-fi romances. This sounds so interesting. Best wishes.

Jessica E. Subject said...

Nancy ~ Thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed it!

Maureen ~ It definitely is! Thank you!

Mary ~ Thank you very much!

Jessica E. Subject said...

Linda ~ I've watched racing on television a few times in my life, but not really a fan. My son is a huge car enthusiast, but I prefer the futuristic looking concept cars, like the Hyundai Prophecy.

This story was actually inspired by a promo for Formula-E Racing though. LOL It was seven guys in racing suits with helmets tucked under their arms. And then my imagination went wild. Thank you so much!

Jessica E. Subject said...

Diane ~ Yes, I've definitely missed writing sci-fi romance. It's truly where my heart lies. Thank you very much!