- 2013 (98)
- 2012 (299)
- 2011 (392)
- 2010 (372)
- Release of The Haunting of Amelia Pritchart!!
- Summer's Wolf: The Westervelt Wolves Book II relea...
- POWER OF PAPER AND PEN
- Welcome Liena Ferror and Special Guest,
- You Should be Watching - Legend of the Seeker
- Interview with Wendy Eli!
- Pinch-hitting for Rebecca Royce...her macabre cous...
- FREE READ
- Dancing into the night...
- Stop the World! I want to get off!
- Now's the perfect time to panic!
- Writing and Maintaining a Series
- LET'S HOLD HANDS
- It's Friday!
- Entering New Realms: Young Adult Literature
- Learning Curves
- My conversation with Sandra Sookoo and the art of ...
- It's Monday??
- It's Furday!
- Acting the Part - Musings on Writing
- A Refresher Course on Creative Idea Management
- Book Review: Queen of the Ghost Drakon
Monday, September 28, 2009
Happy Manic Monday, I’ve brewed some pumpkin spice coffee for anyone interested in celebrating the fall season with me. Rebecca Royce has a new release today – Summer’s Wolf from Liquid Silver Books. Congrats.
This week marks a mile stone for me. It’s been one year since I started writing. Last summer I took ill and was house bound for six months. After two months I started going nuts, I’d read everything I owned twice and couldn’t afford to buy anything new. My wonderful co-workers knew about my obsession with reading and pooled together their books for me. A whole box of romance novels.
I’d never read a romance before. Before I knew it I was hooked. It took me a month to devour everything and find myself once more without reading material. This is when inspiration took place in the form of an old note pad and pen. With Bollywood music playing in the background the first chapter of my book Bait came to be. I sold it this summer to Liquid Silver books.
Fifty-two weeks ago I started on an unknown journey and discovered so much. Critique groups, internet friends, forums, websites, blogs just to start with. I’d never heard of an ebook until I met Rebecca. LOL. The power of paper and pen has changed my life. I can’t imagine not writing now.
I wonder where the next year will bring me?
What are your stories? How did you get started?