Saturday, February 4, 2023

Blog Blast From the Past

 By Maureen Bonatch



When I realized that the 4th of the month was coming up and that it was my turn to post, my mind came up blank for new ideas. As an introvert more skilled at listening than talking, despite a world pushing FOMO, I usually prefer silence, and it often feels like I have nothing new to say. 


At first, I thought I was just procrastinating writing a blog, but as I continued to scour my brain for an interesting topic, each time one surfaced, I realized I talked about that topic on the blog before. 


No surprise there, since I’ve been blogging at Paranormal Romantics for almost 10 years now, as well as other blogs, including my personal blog. It’s no wonder that sometimes I feel all talked out. But sometimes, just like a favorite book or movie, it’s fun to rewatch or revisit those times. 


So I thought we’d pop through blog cyberspace to visit some of those previous Paranormal Romantics blogs and the blogs of ideas past.


A pic from the past with my prior pup, Bummy, helping me write the old-fashioned way when I could still kind of read my handwriting.

As a proud Pennsylvanian, I considered talking about something related to that.

I’m sure there are plenty more topics about living in PA, but here are a few that I’ve already talked about.


Then I thought About Things to Do on the Weekend. 


Valentine’s Day is Coming Up. I Can Write About That! Oh..Wait…



I hope you enjoyed this journey down my blog memory lane. This is just a small taste of the many blogs I’ve written for Paranormal Romantics. 


Do You Have a Book, Movie, or Topic That You Can’t Resist Visiting Over and Over Again?


Now I’d better start thinking about March, so I have some new ideas. Not that there isn’t a way to take any topic and write it with a fresh perspective, just like a story.


Until then, here are some things to keep you cozy during those cold winter days with some cozy mystery sales and freebies. 

Happy Valentine’s Day Cozy Mystery Sales

https://books.bookfunnel.com/happyvalentinesdaycozymysteries/8r4rwxmjxo

February Free Cozy Mysteries!

https://books.bookfunnel.com/cozymysterylover/d92xo4oa9e

Just a small-town girl, Maureen Bonatch leads a double life. She lives in a magical world as a novelist, and as a nurse leader in reality. Maureen’s first novella was a paranormal romance published when blogs were a new-fangled thing. She’s since changed her focus to writing cozy paranormal mysteries and paranormal romance as M.L. Bonatch and urban fantasy as Maureen Bonatch. 


While she’s not busy writing or doing nurse-things, she’s a mom to her twin daughters, bicycling in the beautiful woods of PA with her hubby, doing the bidding of a feisty Shih Tzu, and dancing as much as possible. She believes music can be paired with every mood, laughter is contagious, and that caffeine and wine are essential for survival.


Visit my Website: https://www.maureenbonatch.com/


Sign up for my Newsletter https://www.maureenbonatch.com/free-book/


Keep the conversation going by joining my Facebook Group right HERE! https://www.facebook.com/groups/630494098126926

8 comments:

Nancy Gideon said...

I know what you mean - that feeling that you've already covered it all so what's left. New topics is a tough one. Try scrolling through posts made in other groups - not the content but just title to see if anything sparks. Share pictures. Share a family or writing memories. Hey, we are easily entertained and all relate to each others' hopes, dreams and fears. Geez, this could have been MY topic for this month . . .

Maureen said...

Thanks for the tips, Nancy!

D. V. STONE said...

Trips down memory lane are often sparks for new or forgotten ideas. Sometimes the old ideas need updating. Thanks for posting. Your pupper is adorable. D.

Jessica E. Subject said...

Oh, I know the feeling. I have to figure something out for my post this month. Going to review the ideas Nancy listed.

Maureen said...

Thanks, ladies!

Nightingale said...

I wish I had tips to offer but I'm searching high and low for a topic for the 14th. :-) You did well with your walk down memory lane.

Diane Burton said...

Loved your walk down memory lane. I definitely know what you mean. For my post this month, I browsed through online issues of space.com and other online magazines I subscribe to. A topic I should revisit is: what did I learn (or was surprised by) when I wrote [book title].

Tena Stetler said...

I certainly under what you mean. A stroll down memory lane is a good way to trigger what's new or changed giving way to a new topic. I enjoyed your post, thanks for sharing.