Thursday, April 21, 2011

Judgment Day

In the future my son will lead mankind in a war against Skynet, a computer system programmed to destroy the world. It has sent machines back through time to kill him, one to protect him. 
Today we fight to stop Skynet from ever being created. 
To change our future. 
To change his fate. 
The war to save mankind begins now...

Today is April 21, 2011.
Judgment Day

Okay, so, yeah, I'm proving my geekiness even more by posting that. But I loooove the Terminator movies & television show. Even more proof? The main character in my space opera series looks suspiciously like Sam Worthington who played Marcus Wright in Terminator Salvation. In my defense, I wrote the first book in that series well before Salvation was released, it just happened as an AHA! moment when I saw the movie. Not that having him in my head when I'm writing Wallace is a bad thing...just sayin'.

But this all made me think of movies that are made that make reference to dates we're coming up to. I know I can think of a few examples, what about you?

No comments: