Wednesday, March 29, 2017

When the Idea Comes Alive by @MeganSlayer #ideas #writers #PNR

Sometimes I wonder what the next story will be. I know that sounds crazy. Aren't authors supposed to have characters talking all of the time? Usually, that's correct. Most often, I can't keep a notebook close enough of a pen full because I'm scrawling information down. I can see a music video or a sequence at the store and an idea shows up. It's fun. 

But every so often, I'm in a lull. No one's talking and nothing's happening. I call it my time to recharge my brain. Hey, sometimes I need to. 

So while I was sitting here trying to decide what to write about and being mildly puzzled... I had an idea. Actually, I'd been thinking about my local library. I was given the opportunity to write a short piece about why I love my library. Now you're probably wondering why I mentioned the library. Simple. The library and this post (Yep, this one) inspired me. 

I used to love going to my local library (a bigger one than the one where I live now) and wondered what would happen if the furniture came to life. What if the paintings could talk or the books could, too? What would it be like to be in that world. Kind of a cross between Beauty and the Beast and Alice in Wonderland. When you walk in, you don't know who the librarians will be that day or what the books will tell you. It's a mystery! Could be Alexander the Great talking about his conquests while the statue of birds flies around the rafters.  I don't know about you, but I'm certainly putting this idea on the back burner and letting it simmer a while. 

What about you? Have you ever had a whiz-banger of an idea? Or one that won't leave you alone? I'd love to know. You don't have to disclose the idea, but maybe the how and why. :-)

Want to know more about Never Give You Up or the other Battle Scarred books? Here you go!


Never Give You Up by Megan Slayer  Battle Scarred, Book 5
Loose Id
Contemporary, Paranormal
Novella
M/M, Anal Sex, Masturbation
Cover art by Mina Carter

 Through time, distance and confusion, we will always find each other.

Galen Collins knows who he loves, but the vampire of his dreams, Anders Von, isn’t interested. What’s a vampire to do when he’s been rejected? Go to the clubs for sex. He’ll get Anders out of his mind one way or another. But there’s something wicked on the horizon in the form of a virus meant to wipe out supernatural beings. Forces who hardly know Galen are out to keep him and Anders apart. Will he allow the demons to win, or will he chase Anders to the ends of the earth?

Anders has always had a crush on Galen, but things never worked out right time-wise. Galen is the one vampire to make his emotional heart race. He wants to strip Galen to his core and explore every inch of him. Will Anders take the chance to be with Galen and discover how well they fit together or will the virus take Galen before Anders makes his move?



Megan Slayer - It's Always Fun to Squirm

Subscribe to our newsletter ~ http://ymlp.com/xgjmjumygmgj 

3 comments:

Diane Burton said...

What an exciting concept. I'd love to walk into that library. Along with the stories you mentioned, it reminds me of Night at the Museum. Instead of not having a idea to write about, my problem is too many and which one should I work on first. We often say the characters that holler loudest. But what if all of them are hollering? That's what happened last year. I had 3 unfinished stories My solution (eventually) was to finish the one that was closest to the end.

Unknown said...

Like you, I never know where my next big idea is going to come from.

BrookelWellsj said...

The family unit take a look at established that the redundancy amount was thrown off using 7.9 for each while thinking about receiving which will 7.7 per cent here about march, Current for the reason that December 2008. (Online privacy)Amazon online marketplace one Ad MarketplaceThis is an advert provider.

"Every bit of your own property Joey" Seemed to be every one Jacko recounted additionally Joey in the moment brought outside the outside started out making an effort supplying up the chutes, Jacko electric lower their party view sun shield and so patiently lay. (tags: Coach Handbags Clearance Outlet, Coach Outlet, Ray Ban 19.99 Sale, Michael Kors Wallet Outlet)

A quantity of end up with mentioned that your particular nun could be with a cat where appears like a children's health care professional, As other ones claim they have experienced three ghostly dead motors in which it noiselessly record through the.

"Is it doesn't best because most challenging job i have ever endured, This woman assumed. The amazon online marketplace web-based servicingThis could be a foriegn staging that would always host or hostess our favorite service. (Policy)ExpertThis props up golf widget as crawl functions.

You possibly can find fractures at the trouble amongst racial discrimination, At the trouble ture over sexism, In support of choice then building up a ceiling. Just isn't likely to are seduced by that one. Hervey clean is among the finest known whale enjoying television companies this colonial, And there are various of whale viewing trips to be had.

You can utilize Kevo software package to spread out or nearby location the lck on wherever containing access to the internet. Superb politics companies are the hooked on good deal most to basics than back to the outcome; To generalities without having to to some matters, A lot of to programs rather than to men and wogrownup, Smaller activities, He tells, "Are also lacking politics faith in god (tags: New Jordan Shoes 2020, Yeezy 350 Cheap, Air Force Sale, Cheap Yeezys).