Monday, August 1, 2011

So Close and Yet So Far

                            me                                                    finishing

- Making fist
- Wringing hands
- Shouting, yelling, ranting
- Shaking head
- Pacing short distances, erratic stride
- Throwing hands up
- Storming from a room

All descriptive ways for me to admit I'm frustrated.

January of 2011 I embarked on a journey of discovering my inner writer. Up until then I have been creating stories by the seat of my pants and using my instincts as a long time reader. I've been writing in my comfort zone of first pov (point of view) or not-so-deep third pov with only two characters. I stepped out of that comfortable area and am trying a 3rd pov very deep with four characters. I took classes, read articles, and found a mentor.   

And I've been writing this book for seven months. God help me, I'm tired.

I'm sooooo close to finishing however I've been considering just putting it away. This sounds so easy. I've done it before with a difficult project. Ask me if ever picked it up again?

Frustration: The state a writer gets into when things don't go her way.

Rant over.

2 comments:

D. F. Krieger said...

Keep your head up. You can and will get this done and it will be worth it. I remember how frustrated I got when I couldn't wrap my head around showing versus telling at first. *Waves pom poms* Go, Annie, go!

Rebecca Royce said...

Don't you dare put that away. I will drive up there and stand over you until you finish....

(Only partially kidding. LOL)